Sunday, January 25, 2009

Surprises around every corner.

So...I surprised myself yesterday. I made some homemade beef stew and about an hour or so before it was supposed to be done you're supposed to put in the corn, greenbeans, peas, etc. Well...I did. I was starving and had like half a can of each veggie left because it was just a small batch of stew. Rather than eat something bad for me (not that there's really anything bad for me in my house anymore) I mixed together 1/4 of a cup of each of the veggies, heated them up in the microwave in just a little bit of water(so it wouldn't burn), drained it, and ate it. I was actually craving the veggies over anything else in my house. Surprises abound!

Some things I've noticed:

I no longer crave soda.
I can now go to McDonalds or Sonic to buy my boyfriend a meal for lunch and not want anything off their menu.
I don't crave sweets as bad.
Greasy food makes me sick so I now avoid it.
I'm spending $100 a week (give or take) on groceries and they're lasting me the whole week instead of running out in 2 or 3 days.
I'm having a hard time eating all my points in a day yet I do not feel hungry!

Surprisingly enough I get no complaints from the better half about the food in the house. Of course, he's not much of a sweets eater (which is good for me!) because of being deployed in Iraq for so long. So long as I keep a bag of tortilla chips in the house with some salsa he's good on snack food, and I'm not a big chips and salsa eater so I don't snack on them.

My mother has called and is coming to visit from Illinois and see about possibly moving down here in mid February. I can't wait because it was a year almost exactly between the time I saw her last and it was for a relatively bad reason, my grandpa had died right after thanksgiving pf this past year and I went home for the funeral. So you can imagine it wasn't the best time to go home for a visit. So I'm really hoping to have some fun with her coming down. The only thing I hope is that I can keep to my diet while she's here because if her AND the girls (my 2 cousins she's guardian of) AND my aunt AND her kid come down we'll probably be eating out a lot. I sure don't have the kitchen to cook for that large of a crowd. lol.

Ahh well, even if I do lax a little while they're here, there's nothing stopping me from hitting the ground running again when they leave. I'm not worried about reversing everything I've done because quite frankly I don't want and can't go back to that way of life. It makes me sick to eat things I used to. Like I picked up a rotissary chicken and the grease in it (I thought it was good for you, even pealed the skin off and didn't eat it) was making me so sick to my stomach after I ate it, I probably won't get another one again.

There are things I want to do in my life that I cannot do as big as I am, and I really want to do it!

I want to skydive
I want to be able to fly from point A to point B without a belt extender and feel comfortable.
I want to be able to put my seatbelt on in my car without it being a struggle.
I want to be able to sit in the backseat of a car with a seatbelt on (I currently cannot).
I want to learn to ski without feeling like my ankles are going to break from the weight.
I want to be able to carry things up to my apartment without waddling like a duck.
I want to be able to run around chasing children (preferably mine when I have them!) and not feel winded.
I want to be able to ride a horse! Nothing is more humilating than being told you cannot enjoy the horse rides with your family because you're too big. I cried a lot after that one.

I WANT TO LIVE. Period. My weight is holding me back from doing things I would love to be able to do and I want...no, WILL change that.

So I'm done with babbling for today. I have a paper to write, it's a gorgeous day outside, I have laundry to do, it's a gorgeous day outside (yes I repeated it, I'm so going for a walk outside!) and I have a car to clean out, which will also keep me outside. Again, it's gorgeous outside here. So by god if it's nice where you're at, go for a walk, I'll be out there! :)

Amber

1 comment:

  1. Its currently nasty and cold here. so im not going outside.

    Looks like your getting things straightened out though. Way to go. Im proud of you.

    ReplyDelete