Tuesday, January 13, 2009

Breakfast

I hate waking up early to eat breakfast. Hell if I had my way I wouldn't get up until right before I had to leave for work, throw on clothes and go, but alas one must shower and such in the morning before work! So...you would think eating breakfast would be easy for me, but I can't stand to eat breakfast! I'm usually not hungry because I just woke up, and don't GET hungry until about 9am, when I'm at work and don't have access to food. So I've come up with a relatively healthy (I guess?) solution of eating a granola bar at work about 9am. I would eat oatmeal or something but it's hard for me to get the right consistancy I like at work I like mine thicker than most, and since I don't have a bowl at work, nor do I usually have enough time to eat it, a granola bar seems to be the best choice at this point. I get the 90 calorie Quakers Chocolate Chip ones. Chocolate may not be the best choice, but I'm still in the process of finding ones I like.

I'm a relatively picky eater, and I'm usually hard to get to try new things. Mostly because I'm afraid if I don't like it I'll have wasted money and during times of tight money, I refused to try anything new, relying on what I liked from stuff my mom made etc. Now my money isn't quite so tight but I am still reluctant to "waste" money on trying new things. I also do not like spending hours on end over a hot stove to try to make something either, it needs to be simple because I was never really taught how to cook, my mom was a big fan of throw it together quick or crock pot as well due to working 16 hours a day, and I work 10 hours a day so by the time I get home I generally am a bit too tired to care to cook for a long period.

Last night I may not have had the best dinner but I made sure to not eat a lot of it, we had bacon cheeseburgers. I had two burgers with one slice of bacon each and two slices of cheese. I'm finding it difficult to eat too incredibly healthy because I love food, especially stuff bad for me, and my boyfriend doesn't need to lose weight. So I'm kind of in a cross fire here. I did get the leanest hamburger possible, so it wasn't so fatty. I would've gotten low fat cheese but it usually doesn't melt well, and I like melted cheese on my hamburgers...

I have the stuff to make Beef Stew tomorrow, which is a pretty healthy choice, and Chili for Thursday or Friday, or maybe Saturday. Irregardless, I have to go to the store this week soon to get groceries. I usually go on Fridays but this Friday I have to go switch my plates over.

Anyway, I'm going to jet, time to go back to actually doing work instead of putzing around on the 'net. :)

Amber

3 comments:

  1. nice to see you heading down the path to a new you Farsy, Hopefully we can inspire each other along the way. Keep up the good work, and I will see you in WOW.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Glad I was turned on to your blog, you can do it! And there is a lot of support, insight, and resources to be found through this blogging process. Good luck in having a healthy, happy day!

    ReplyDelete
  3. Hi Farsy,

    Thanks for your comment on my blog. I too dread getting on an airplane. I avoid it just for that reason. I was exaggerating a little about my scale, but the springs and other parts in it make some bad sounds when I stand on it. Needless to say, I don't trust it much. That's why I'm getting a new one.

    I also want to lose 150 pounds and am a picky eater. This definitely makes it tougher. There's a lot of great people here and they've really helped my wife and I (we're both blogging). Good luck!

    ReplyDelete