Wednesday, January 21, 2009

Hump day!

And no, not the kind of hump you're thinkin', you sick minded person you! :P

Though technically I don't really have a "hump" day so much at this job, I only work 4 days a week, 10 hour days, so Wednesdays are the "downslope" day and usually when it's like "oh it's wednesday tomorrow...wow weekend already?" sort of feel. I like my 3 days off a week. Fridays are usually the days I reserve for grocery shopping, doing laundry, paying bills, all sorts of stuff. It's easier to do it on Fridays because all the shops and such are open guarenteed on Fridays. Like this Friday I get to go sit at the DMV for hours on end to get my plates switched to NM plates. Doesn't that just sound like a bucket full of fun!? lol. I hate the DMV. When I had to switch my plates to Texas from Illinois plates, I thought it'd take me all day, took the day off work to get it done and everything. It only took me 3 hours to do it, which is rare. Now I've heard this one in town his horrible for being slower than molassas in IL in January so hopefully I'll be able to drag myself out of bed early enough to be like THE first one there lol.

So onward to the weight loss stuff I know ya'll are just dying for me to talk about.

I used only 31 points yesterday, much to my surprise. I had a good breakfast of raisin bran and milk, then about 10am I had a low fat granola bar. For lunch I actually wasn't happy with myself, I had a bowl of chili left, but it was way too much, I should've stopped eating it about 3/4 of the way because I was full but I didn't want to waste what was left. Walking back to work was ugh cuz I felt too fully. Hate when that happens. Too heavy of a meal that lunch was. Anyway. Then at dinner I came home and made soft shell tacos in an attempt to use up the tortilla shells in the fridge. Two shells, meat, cheese and salsa clocked in at 8.5 points. I also had a WW cookies and cream ice cream bar for dessert and then laid down and watched some tv because I was extremly tired yesterday for some reason. It's much easier to eat well when I work than it is on the weekends when I'm home and bored.

I also need to start working out a little bit more. It's hard to work out Monday through Wednesday because I'm usually really tired from work and cooking and just want to relax and play WoW for a little bit before bed. But Thursday through Sunday I can easily work out, so I'm going to start looking into maybe a Y pass or something. Mostly for the treadmill. I enjoy walking on a treadmill. Walking around here is hard right now, the cold makes my asthma flare if I'm out too long. I'd just BUY a treadmill but unfortunately there's absolutely, 100% no where to put it at this point where we're living now. We're hoping to get a new apartment in May, and are talking about getting a 2 bedroom, one to sleep in and one to put our computers and such in. I get 20 minutes of walking per day, but in 5 minute intervals (walk to work, walk home for lunch, walk back to work, walk home for the day). I also feel silly, right now, exercising in front of the boyfriend, mostly cuz stuff goes a floppin' and I feel silly. So I do it when he's not home, or sleeping :)

Anyway, I gotta get back to work. I'll post more later as I eat, and get things accomplished today. I didn't get a chance to have breakfast, but that's ok. I have my granola bar here, and I'll make sure I have some fruit and such for lunch or something. :)

Amber

3 comments:

  1. Ahh, the DMV, a reminder to us all that the many circles of hell do exist, in one form or another.

    Good job with the food, and have a great day tomorrow!

    ReplyDelete
  2. I hate the DMV too! I'm sorry you have to spend your Friday there.

    I'll echo Stages of Change and congratulate you on your good choices. I love chili too, but have a hard time eating it since it has a lot of points. I probably should do it anyway since it is so filling. :)

    ReplyDelete
  3. The chili I make has 5 points per serving, which isn't bad! If you'd like, I can post my recepie :)

    Fars

    ReplyDelete