Saturday, August 21, 2010

The 26th approaches...!

So I just realized what today actually was.  Besides being a Saturday (win!) and my cousin's birthday bash tonight (win for her, not quite so much for me), it's also the 21st!  That means in 5 days I get to see how much my effort (somewhat lacking) has helped in my weight loss.

I know I've lost.  My clothing fits a little looser, my ring is starting to really twirl on my finger which only happens when I've lost a significant amount of weight.  I don't eat near as much or get as hungry randomly thoughout the day, etc.  I also know my walks (albeit a bit lacking) have gotten a little faster and farther since I started this a month ago.  I have also learned to say NO (and in some cases HELL NO) to foods or eating until I'm stuffed and so forth. 

I just wonder how much I have lost. 

As I posted earlier, my exercising has been a bit of hit and miss the last week or two.  This week I walked two days during my "official exercising week" time period.  We started walking late at night (like 10 or 11pm) instead of real early in the morning.  With all the stress going on walking in the morning was just stressing me out because I'm not a morning person.  I was having a hard time getting up and going for a walk, and walking at night helps to relieve the tension, D and I can just walk and talk (well he talks, I struggle to walk and talk which is sign of a good work out for me lol). 

The home front has quieted a little.  I had a long talk with my mom and laid out some stuff that was bothering us.  She doesn't think of me as an adult, the whole only child don't want to think of them grown up syndrom or something.  But she'll do the same to D and me that she does to the kids (which I also talked to her about) which is just knocking and then immediately walking in.  Drives me nuts.  I have nothing to hide, but I do enjoy my privacy.  D is a very private person when it comes to showing any affection.  That's not to say I won't get a quick peck on the cheek or something if we're near family but he's not the type to hold hands, or put his arm around you or something while we're in public.  So my affection meter has been really low from him because mom always manages to walk in when we're laying in bed talking (there's really no room in this room for much else than the bed) and it's really frustrating.  So we talked for a long time, mom and I, and things seem to have quieted down a little.  At least for now.

I've also had an interesting thing happen Friday.  I'd applied for job after job out here, many months before I even moved.  Some of which involved state positions.  I got a letter in the mail on Friday that had gone to my previous address and took forever to get to me, but it's a job interview offer for a state position working with individuals with developmental disabilities here in Arizona.  Of course, by the time I got the letter, the deadline set was within a few days.  So I had to quickly fill out the information and send it in.  I tried calling to set up an interview (as the paper said to) but she wasn't there on Friday.  So I'm really crossing my fingers that this job will pan out.  I'm working part time, but it's very temporary and I have no clue if I'll actually get a full time position with them.  I've seen that of the 8 people working in the little area I'm working there, 6 of us are temps, and 4 of them have been there for over 3 months without being officially hired on.  That's a little worrisome to me.  Plus some of the crazy stuff they have going on there with their AR deparment and stuff raises an eyebrow.  But it's a job, and it pays ok so I do it to have at least a little income.  But to land a state job would be nice. 

Bah it's time for me to pack up and get going.  Got a little girl's birthday bash to get going.  Hope everyone has a good one today

Until next time.

No comments:

Post a Comment