Saturday, June 19, 2010

The scale....it mocks me.

Title says it all today folks.  What am I doing up at 4am?  Well, I didn't sleep overnight the night before.  I was up from 6am on 6/17 until 5pm 6/18.  Dunno why, wasn't tired.  So of course at 1pm I start getting tired, I lay down and I'm almost asleep and what happens?  The phone rings, and poof I'm up another 4 hours ugh.  My mind finally gave up the "I don't wanna go to bed!" fight about 5pm and I slept until 4 this morning which is no biggie.

I ate all my calories yesterday.  I refrained from snacking overnight,  and I came in at around 1650 before going to bed at 5pm which I knew I wasn't going to be up until late in the evening so I worked hard to get in all my calories before bed so that I wouldn't have a day of like 1k calories or something equally stupid. 

So I get up this morning, do my thing, hop on the scale and....

270.0

Yes, that's weight loss, .6 pounds for this week which means I've lost exactly 7 pounds since I started.  That's not the part that mocks me.  I'm happy I'm down and not up, not as happy that it's not more than .6 but I think my body is just evening out from the massive 6.4 pounds I lost last week, so it's kind of like losing 3.5 pounds both weeks. 

No what the mocking part is the fact that it couldn't be 269.9.  No that'd be too easy!  lol.

I start a new job Monday.  It's only seasonal, it pays crap and there's a bit of a commute and I don't really have much control over my hours it sounds like but it keeps me from having to use more of my savings and I can build some of it back up before the job ends but such is life.  So I'm going to have to figure out some good lunches and a good exercise schedule.  I always do really well losing weight when I have plenty of time to do my thing and then seem to falter when I go back to work.  Here's to hoping that doesn't happen again.

So I'm off to eat my breakfast and do a little working out and then it's off to get a new pair or two of pants and a couple of pairs of nice shoes I can wear to work before Monday.  My goal for this coming week is 269.9 dammit!  lol

Until next time.

No comments:

Post a Comment