Tuesday, May 4, 2010

A long time coming!

Ok, so hiatus is bad mkay? Back on the bandwagon I go! I lost a bit, gained a bit, but I'm still below my original 285 starting weight so I am not completely depressed by my gaining back. A lot has happened in the almost year that I've been gone, so let me give you some of the highlights!

Lets see....in July I moved my mom cross country to Arizona, about 8 hours from me. Lovin' it, I go visit anytime I get a 4 day weekend, which is basically any time there's a holiday on a Monday since I only work 4 days a week anyway. I'm actively looking to move to Arizona where it's warmer and exercising would be more accessable. So if anyone has a job they can hook me up with, do eet! lol.

Fast forward to the last 4 months of the year and my Master's degree program really started getting crazy. Continual 15 page papers can kill a person if they're not already insane. Lucky for me I had willpower the size of the titanic when it came to getting work done. I finished my Master's degree in March with a 3.81 gpa. Now if only my willpower for not overeating and eating stuff I shouldn't was so good!

Couple all that insane stuff of working full time, papers out the wazoo....throw in a pretty nasty winter full of dumping snow on us and my will to go outside and exercise was non-existant and we just don't have enough room in the house to do so. We do but it requires moving soooo much stuff out of the way to make a small area to move around in.

In February I did the ultimate HUZZAH! I got my eyes fixed so no more glasses. Lasik for the win yo! I'd do it again in a heartbeat. I just need a working camera to show ya'll how awesome I feel and look without them. It was a huge boost to my self esteem and kind of got me thinkin' about losing weight again. It's AMAZING to be able to wake up and be able to see without fishing around for your glasses. You know Thelma from Scooby Doo? Yeah that was so me. I'd knock my glasses off my side table and then would be looking around for them by touch going "Man I wish I had my glasses so I could find my glasses!"

Christmas, Thanksgiving, Easter, all the major holidays I tend to love to eat, and thus gain weight.

So where do I stand? I've gained back about 12 pounds. I'm sitting at 273. Not happy about it, but it's a fact of life that if you don't work at something and just fall into compliance you stop losing and eventually start gaining.

So this is the start of a new period, again, for me. In which I will be looking into losing more, especially since I'm going to be flying to Illinois come July for a cousin's wedding and one of the things we're going to do there is go to a water park. Ugh, swimsuits! lol. Oh well, I have the general philosophy that if you don't like what you see when I'm in my swimsuit, don't look. I don't go showing off anything, I'm in a 1 piece, but I'm not going to cover every inch up just because I'm fat. Sorry. Same way I like wearing tanktops in the summer. Kiss it if you don't like it! But that doesn't mean I don't want to lose weight to fit into a better swimsuit this year! While I've gained some weight back, my clothes are still fitting that I bought a year ago.

My first order of business, I need to come up with a plan. Any advice would be welcome. I think an uber utter change in my entire life would be a bad idea. I've tried that and while I do well for a couple weeks I end up right back to where I was. I need to make some small but significant changes over time, and see the weight loss in order to feel like I'm getting somewhere. >.> Oh, and yeah I tried the whole cut out all soda, doesn't work for me. I need my morning soda! But I drink diet, so that's not an issue, always have drank diet actually...

So my general plan is to eat better by incorporating more home cooked meals (I'm tired of spending 200+ a month on eating out okay? I'll be honest, we eat out that much! Rediculas!). And when I cook said home cooked meals, I want to make them not quite as bad for me. Add more veggies, find a way to incorporate more better for me foods that I like. I don't like fish, so don't even go there. >.> Neither does D! Regardless, I have learned to like brocolli, and many things I used to dislike over the past couple of years, but fish I just can't like. Ugh! lol.

I also want to exercise more, but as I posted waaaaay back a year or so ago, exercise scares me. My asthma is just awful and it's exercise as well as allergen induced. I go for a walk and come home panting and all I did was walk! :( So frustrating. So if you have advice for some exercises I can do that won't kick my ass seven ways from Sunday I'm all ears!

So...for those of you intersted, embark with me, once again, on my weight loss journey and let's see how far we can get shall we? :) I'm reminded of a lyric from Sick Puppies.... It's been a long time comin', the table's turned around...one of us is goin'...goin' down! Woo! Much like that song, no matter how long it takes, it won't be me goin' down for the count, it'll be the weight!

1 comment:

  1. Hi there, just new to following your blog so keep up the good posts. I know what hiatus is like, mine was far more disasterous but that is why your blog inspired me to start my own blog, especially since we have/had about the same amount of weight to lose. Keep on Truckin F. BTW Maiden Rules..lol
    liveinthenowbrowncow.blogspot.com

    ReplyDelete