Monday, April 13, 2009

Weight Loss

Crusing around a bunch of my usual blogs I noticed many people regretting their easter love fest with food. Wish I could say the same. No easter gathering here, so consider ya'll lucky that you had people to spend it with! lol.

No, I'm one of those rare people that actually lost weight this week. Weigh in today, down 1.2. I'm at 261.2, and the end of the 260's and beginning of the 250's is in sight. I'm stoked. Though, I do have a pound and probably 1/4 in the fridge, and I did have left over ham for lunch today, but I will soon be hammed out. I have half a mind to freeze some...wonder if that's practical.

Anyway, regardless, I'm going to try to get more walking in. It's be soooooo pretty out last week, this week is shaping to be pretty similar, so hopefully I'll get the "Let's get out of the house" bug more.

I think I can honestly say that this time around, I'm serious about my weight loss. Never before have I lost more than 10 or 15 pounds without gaining back 30. Never before have I cut off my soda intake to a bare minimum (I'm averaging one maybe two sprites per month, where before I was drinking 6 to 12 cans of diet dew per day, see any time to drink water in there? I sure didn't). Never before have I cooked so much, I usually would eat out more than I'd eat in. Nor go to a restraunt and order something good for me, or even something not do good but only eat part of it. Or go to Sonic and get a jr. candy sundae and be content with that little bit. It's like before I would drop a size in clothing and then go back to eating as I always did and gain it right back.

Now I can say that the shirt I bought a couple of weeks ago that was kind of borderline tight/fitting now fits fine and is actually even slightly loose.

So why the sudden change? Why now and not 5 or 6 years ago? I'll tell you why. I'm sick of it. Sick of feeling big, sick of BEING big, sick of not being able to tie my shoes, sick of constantly being tired, of the caffinee headaches, the constant asthma problems, the bullshit of being a large person. That and quite frankly, I want children. Maybe not right this minute, but down the road. If I get winded and worn out from one flight of stairs what the hell am I going to do in labor?! lol. Yeah screw that! I prefer a normal birth to a c-section, much less pain kthxbai! I want to run around chasing my kids, and being able to drive my car without feeling like the seatbelt is going to kill me just from trying to change the channel.

I want to live, and that's why this time it's different...

Just keep telling myself that and my weight loss should follow suit right? :)

Amber

3 comments:

  1. Sounds like things are going well! Congrats on the loss. Wish I could say the same.

    I have found that you have to lose weight on your own timetable.

    BTW, ham freezes great! When I cook a ham or a turkey I freeze most of it so I am not stuck eating it all week long and it makes for fast meals later on. They are slo great for soup add ins.

    ReplyDelete
  2. I am with you on a lot of those feelings (except the children,thing, done that, thankyouverymuch, lol) but especially the health issues. It would be great to be free of those!

    I too used to always drop a dress size and then feel better so give up, but it is different for me this time too.

    So glad to find your blog - keep up the hard work and enjoy the journey.

    PS: freeze the ham in portion sizes. And no choccy eggs round here either - yay!

    ReplyDelete
  3. You truely are doing an amazing job! Its so hard to change lifesyles and live healthy. I just want to encourage you to keep going. Yay for the up and coming 250's! Im proud of you!
    cindie

    ReplyDelete