Wednesday, April 8, 2009

Back to work I go!

As much as I would much rather lounge around the house some more, I'm back to work today. I'm still not 100%, but at least I'm not trying to decide if I need to sit on the toilet or hug it. I'm still a little queasy, still pretty tired and a little dehydrated (thankfully Dr. M is letting me keep my bottled water next to me today, so long as I keep the cap on). But other than that, at least I'm functioning again. Could be worse I tell myself!

I did next to nothing yesterday. I finally got myself well enough to not be running to the bathroom every 2 minutes (or feeling like I should just pull a blanket and pillow in there to sleep lol) probably around noon. D came home shortly there after with some medicine I asked for him to pick up for me, and thus began my long laying on the couch for hours watching mindless tv (I almost never watch tv, unless it's commercial free, like Law and Order on dvd). I fell asleep a couple of times for a little bit, and went to bed by 11pm. D was such a sweetie, he made sure I had water bottles nearby, got me some orange juice from the store, and some 7up (I prefer sprite but oh well). So 90% of my diet yesterday was liquid. I did have a few bites of some brocolli and cheese soup from Quiznos that he brought home for me but that's it. The rest of it was regular 7up and orange juice (calorie wise of course).

So today I haven't had breakfast, I made some oatmeal but the smell of it was making my stomach begin to flip flop. Gave it to D instead. I'm not hungry, so I'm not too worried about it but I do know I need to eat. Hopefully I'll be able to eat something at lunch, even if I have to go to the store and get some soup or something.

Here's to hoping!

Amber

1 comment: