Monday, April 20, 2009

Don't even want to *look* at the scale.

First of all, I forgot today was Monday. Like, I knew that I had to get up and go to work today but it's been such an odd weekend I'm all turned around. We had a very nice weekend out, despite the beginning circumstances.

I had to drive D down to Albuquerque on Wednesday afternoon so he could have a friend of him drive him to pick up his car (long story, I won't even go there). So I had the house to myself Wednesday night. Thursday right after work I packed up my stuff and headed down there myself, we'd planned on going down Friday for a big get together with Mike and Ken and their wives. So we stayed Thursday night to hang with Ken and Robin and their new baby (he's such a cutie!). Friday we had a decent breakfast, eggs, hashbrowns (I limited myself to one of those), biscuit (one), and I had a small piece of ham (which I put on my biscuit). Didn't eat any lunch because it was such a filling breakfast, and I knew we'd be having a huge dinner. I was right. We went to a mexican restraunt, and I had 2 tacos and a bite of enchilada off D's plate. I also had the rice and beans and then we (D and I) split a soppapilla (sp?) with honey, I'd never even heard of them. It was ok I guess.

As if that day wasn't bad enough, Saturday we had a small breakfast then on our way home we stopped at an A&W/Long John Silvers. I can't go to A&W without a real A&W drink, it's the only rootbeer I like. I got a 2 piece chicken thing and ate the chicken and 1 hushpuppy and a very small handfull of fries. I had Ramen for dinner (I cut back on the sodium by only using 1/2 a packet of flavoring, it tastes just as good), because D was asleep at dinner time.

And then, Sunday we went out to eat at the local Chinese place. I was actually pretty good there. I had a small sampling of a few things, and then had some fruit to round it off. We had a pretty heavy dinner though, I had a 6 to 8 oz steak, we had mashed potatoes, a tiny bit of gravy (for me anyway), and then some green beans and mushrooms sauteed in a little bit of light butter. Was good and all, but pretty heavy.

This morning I got up and ate breakfast real quick and had an entire bottle of water before I realized that it was Monday which is traditionally my weigh in day. I'll have to try to remember to weigh in tomorrow. If I'm up, I'm up. If not, so be it. I enjoyed the weekend with friends and ate out way too much but unlike previously I am not taking that as the green light to eat whatever I want whenever I want and am completely back to eating healthy again. I had oatmeal for breakfast, with a glass of OJ and then a bottle of water. I'm probably going to have a salad when I go home for lunch, if not, then Ramen, depends on my mood, and then for dinner I have some quick spagetti planned (I have a large assignment due tonight that I didn't really get a chance to work on since I was away all weekend). Tomorrow I plan on making some chicken stirfry, Wednesday I have stew meat that I'll marinade in low sodium teriyaki and bake and Thursday I have the stuff to make some George Forman grilled chicken, have some regular baked beans (no pork!), and something else...maybe green beans or peas who knows. So defientally still on the bandwagon.

The other thing that's exciting me is that I have D excited to start going for walks with me. We'd talked about it but it was so cold he wouldn't go. Now it's starting to warm up and he said probably in the next couple of weeks it'll start warming up and staying warm, not this warming up then dropping down cold because a storm is rolling in or wondering if it's going to start raining while we're out and about, etc. Which means if he starts going for walks with me, I'll have more incentive to go. We won't be able to do any 3 or 4 mile hikes or anything by any means, because he has a messed up knee and can't walk for an extended period without pain. But that's ok, because I can't walk an extended period without getting winded because of my asthma (stupid elevation), at least for now.

So hopefully I'll remember to weigh tomorrow and letcha'll know my damages :) Though, I'm honestly not really worried about it.

Amber

2 comments:

  1. you were away from your routine, just as i was. If your like me, you like to eat when your out and having fun. it is who we are. dont let the scale bug ya Fars.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Nah I won't. :) I had fun, and enjoyed the food I had, which is important. It's not like I was eating it just to eat it and making myself stuffed (though man that mexican dinner I had was a bit much). I was more eating it to enjoy the good time with friends, and I had a blast. No sense in not partaking and ruining the evening and memories of it. :)

    Fars

    ReplyDelete