Monday, May 11, 2009

Weekend indulging

I'm finding it harder and harder to stay on task when it comes to eating over the weekend. I need to get back into the routine of getting groceries on Friday so that we have groceries in the house for the weekend so I'm not tempted to just "go out to eat" at sonic or mcdonalds or something of the like. Granted, my food choices are better than they have been in the past, but I still don't like to eat out. It's like just inviting myself to start over with the eating out all the time or making bad choices and thus inviting myself to regain all that I have lost.

I need a routine in general but I never seem to want to deal with it. Part of it is laziness on the weekends, I'm pretty tired from working all week that I just want to relax on the weekends, and the other part is because of the time of year. I tend to get a little down this time of year for reasons already previously stated related to my father's passing away.

But, on a completely different and much more geek like note, if you haven't seen Star Trek, GO NOW! I went Sunday and I loved it (though I loved Star Trek in general so it's not too hard to win me over). It's defientally one I will be buying on DVD, and there's not many I do that for.

So for now, I bid ya'll g'bye! I've got a homework assignment to get to working on if I plan on having any time after work for my own thing today.

Amber

5 comments:

  1. Im right there with ya on the weekend thing. Im super good during the week, then Saturday and Sunday come around and its time to do everything we can to not eat at home. lol

    Star Trek, right there with ya, awesome awesome movie.

    ReplyDelete
  2. I feel ya on the weekend thing. Sometimes it is hard.

    And I am still trying to get someone to go see Star Trek with me. I might have to give up and go alone!

    ReplyDelete
  3. Yeah, Friday eve and Sat eve are both danger zones for me too. Even though I work hard during the week, I try to get one good walk in and one gym session to make up for any over-indulgences. So true about routine making it easier - it works for me and if I go off my routine I am scuppered!

    I am dying to see the ST movie - soon...

    ReplyDelete
  4. Hi Amber,

    I so know about this weekend thing....I just started my own blog in the hope of finding motivation in doing so. Stumbled on yours in the proces (am a bit of a geek myself, you see...haha) 23,5 is impressive though...I hope to get as well.

    Keep up the good work,

    Dagmar

    ReplyDelete
  5. It's not even the nights so much as having a boyfriend who can be a bottomless pit and eat ANYTHING and not gain a single pound (jerk!). So since there's nothing in the house, he gets hungry and doesn't wanna wait for me to cook so it's a run to sonic, or a run to subway or pizza delivered or chinese food and suddenly the weekend is gone and I've ate out all weekend.

    Tis a horrible thing. Something that I intend to cease!

    Amber

    ReplyDelete