Saturday, May 23, 2009

EA Active

So, I forgot that I had preordered this "game" and it showed up on my doorstep this afternoon (well not forgot, but didn't realize it was on its way to being out for purchase. I popped it in tonight (just a little bit ago, yes I'm up late/early I know) and let me just say I'm pretty darn happy with it.

I've had the wii fit for a few months, and it's great and all (I enjoy the boxing) but my main complaint about it was that I had to stop inbetween each activity to select another, or to continue on with what I was doing (like more reps or something). So there was a lot of downtime because the trainer had to talk and there was no way to skip through it. So while I may have "worked out" for an hour, it was probably only 20 mins worth or 30 mins worth when it was all said and done.

With this one there's a 30 day challenge, it keeps track of how long you go, how many calories you burn (!) and it's continous. I may have to stop to pick up the bands, or put the nunchuck into the little holder on my leg, but that's about it. It gives you plenty of time to do it (stops between each activity) but it has a skip forward button to skip past tutorials so you can get started as soon as you have the equipment picked up.

My only real "complaint" is that because of how short I am (5'0) it sometimes doesn't pick up that my legs are bending for squats because the nunchuck won't quite go parallel enough. I was practically sitting on my heels doin' squats (could be a better workout anyway right? lol). And running is a bitch and it doesn't quite recognize that I'm running either. Something to work on I suppose. nice thing is the time on the running countdown continues irregardless so I don't have to struggle to get around the track if I'm not getting it to work right (for now until I figure it out).

All in all I'm happy with it, it had me sweating even on "low intensity" work outs. Though I wish I could preprogram my "days off" for the challenge because it'd be nice to have a "day off" tomorrow since I won't be home until late (going to Albuquerque). We shall see how it goes.

You can also use the wii board if you have it, or not if you don't. The Wii board just enhances some of the activities I guess. I'd recommend it for anyone who hates going to the gym (as I do right now due to my size) and/or wants to work out in the comfort of their home. It also comes with resistance bands, which is nice for arm curls and such. :)

Amber

1 comment:

  1. I love this game too! Im super sore from it so I guess its working! lol

    :)

    ReplyDelete