Tuesday, May 5, 2009

Challenges abound!


Ever have a day like this?
There are times when I feel like the woman above lol. This week is one of them. Over the weekend I had more computer woes. My graphics card, evidently, overheated and was messing up, causing me to not be able to play any video games. It worked out well for me in some aspects, I was bored enough to go for a walk, twice. But it also hindered me in other ways because I ended up in Albuquerque at Ken's house getting it fixed which ment, yep, you guessed it, eating out. We had chinese food for lunch/dinner (I ate enough that I wasn't hungry later for dinner), but then his wife (who recently gave birth 2 or 3 weeks ago) wanted a rootbeer float. So I ended up with a blizzard type ice cream though thankfully I only ate about 1/2 of it before I was sick of it. But still. Impromptu buying for the loss!
I had to plunk down another 250 dollars on my computer for a new graphics card and a new power supply because the one in my computer wasn't heavy enough to handle the required wattage needed for the new graphics card. I figured if I'm going to get a new card I may as well upgrade. Nvidia Geforce 9600 series ftw.... >.> Anyway....
So I got back on Sunday night/Monday morning about 12:30am. I had to hook up the computer before I went to bed, got that all done, was in bed by about 1:15. But unforunately I couldn't sleep well, tossed and turned all night. Ended up going probably getting 2 or 3 hours of sleep before getting up for work. So needless to say I was exausted all day, and had a homework assignment still due yesterday. So I succumbed to the need of caffiene. If you'll remember, sometime in Feb I gave it up. Soda that is. I occassional have a sprite, but not very often. Usually when eating out I'll have one sprite then have water after. Well, because of my need to get my homework done before going to bed, and only having slept for 2 or 3 hours, I had D pick me up my first diet dew in forever...got a 1 liter, knew I'd need that much. Turns out I was right, I did need that much. It woke me up enough to finish my homework in a timely manner, and make it able to be understood.
The nice thing? I am not even wanting another one. It was good to have it available yesterday to keep me going long enough to get something done before bed, but I honestly didn't enjoy the taste of it. It was just too ... I dunno, citrusy? Or something? no clue, but not interested!
So I haven't had time to weigh myself. I woke up at the last minute yesterday because I just couldn't drag myself up, I got up at the last minute today because I was trying to squeeze just a little more lovely sleep outta the morning before work. I really don't feel up or down, just kinda here.
I have noticed my skin isn't so tight as it used to be. not like, hanging off skin flab type, but just....easier to be wrinkled? Maybe? Especially around my stomach. My clothes that I was wearing that were kinda tight are looser now. Those Capri's I found a month or so ago that fit but were just a bit snug can actually be pulled down without unbuttoning them. I thought I had different pants on (elastic ones) and pulled them down to go to the bathroom one day and they came right off and I was like...oh...wait...uhh those aren't the pants I thought! lol. Oh well!
So, I'm just going to keep chugging along.
Post something later when I know what my actual weight is...

Amber

1 comment: